Ora et labora on the Saale and Unstrut rivers
From Leipzig to Naumburg and Freyburg
If limestone towers on the sunny course of a river, the wine does not thrive badly. Already the Cistercians used this knowledge for themselves in the former monastery Pforta on the Saale. Even today, wine is grown on the fertile slopes of the Saale and Unstrut rivers. In neighboring Naumburg, bishops held sway for centuries. Later, Friedrich Nietzsche found his philosophical thoughts here. Max Klinger was enthroned majestically in his house above the mouth of the Unstrut.
Our day trip to Naumburg and Freyburg leads from Leipzig via Nietzsche’s birthplace Röcken to tranquil Naumburg. A tour of the old town with Wenzel, Marientor and the cathedral is complemented by visits to Schulpforte, Bad Kösen, Neuenburg Castle and, of course, the vineyards around Freyburg. We will end the day with Max Klinger and grape juice at the Blütengrund.
Day trip to Naumburg and Freyburg
Program and highlights of the day tour to Naumburg and Freyburg
- Short visit to the Gustav Adolf monument in Lützen
- Side trip to the birthplace of Friedrich Nietzsche
- Tour of the old town of Naumburg with Wenzel, Nietzsche House, Marientor, market, cathedral
- Small round trip with short visits in Schulpforte, Bad Kösen, Castle Neuenburg, Freyburg
- Conclusion on the wine slopes of Saale and Unstrut
- Individual day trip in minibus up to 8 persons according to the program
- Accompaniment by certified tour guide
- Tour program (see above) with daily individual adaptation
- Suitability for wheelchair users (2 wheelchair places, boarding aids)
- doorstep pickup
- regional tastings
- 495,- € incl. VAT. Group price for 1 to 8 persons (minibus)
- all year round Saturdays, Sundays, holidays, immediately bookable
- other dates on request
Start and finish
- Start 9 am pickup from hotel or home in the area of Saxony (Chemnitz, Leipzig, etc.) and also from the area of Halle, Gera or Jena.
- Finish 6 p.m. Arrival at pickup location or by appointment.
Number of participants
- up to 8 persons
- up to 2 wheelchair users
- up to 4 weeks before departure cancelable free of charge
- up to 24 hours before departure rebookable free of charge
- from 24 hours before departure cancellation fee 100% of the tour price
The day tour to Naumburg and Freyburg is suitable for you if you …
- are a guest in Leipzig and you want to enjoy regional wine on site.
- have read Friedrich Nietzsche but not understood him.
- would like to see the Naumburg Cathedral with your own eyes.
- want to retrace the history of the Pforta monastery up to the now almost 500 year old state school.
- would like to take a walk in the UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- are inspired by Max Klinger.
- prefer Rotkäppchen sparkling wine.
- have never heard of Turnvater Jahn.
- would like to get an idea of Freyburg an der Unstrut.
- … .
More tips and hints for the day tour to Naumburg and Freyburg.
For the most part, you will be transported by minibus. In Naumburg, Schulpforte and Freyburg we also move on foot. However, depending on individual preference, you should not walk more than 4 to 5 km. Please make sure you are dressed appropriately for the weather.
Direct contact to the tour guide
Do you have questions about the tour or are you interested in an individual program? Then please click the button below. After complete input of your data you will receive an answer. There will be no extra costs.
You would like to book and pay the day tour by invoice? Then please click the button below. After complete entry of your data you will receive an invoice by mail. There will be no extra costs for you.
You would like to book and pay for the day tour online immediately? Then please click the button below. You will be redirected to the booking and payment partner Bookingkit. There will be no extra costs for you.